The Canadian chapter of Bodhi Shrawan Dharma Sangha is a registered charity, established in 2021, dedicated to sharing the Bodhimarga darshan Maitridharma in Canada, with the blessings of Mahasambodhi Dharmasangha Guru.
As a registered charity, the charitable purpose of BSDS Canada is:
– To advance religion by teaching the religious prayers, mantras, practices, and observances of the Bodhimarga darshan Maitridharma, under the divine guidance of Mahasambodhi Dharmasangha Guru.
– To advance religion by establishing and maintaining a Maitri Centre in accordance with the practices & teachings of the Maitri Dharma.
We are truly humbled, delighted and honoured to share the Maitri Dharma here in Canada and we bow down to the infinite grace, love and light of the Maitri Dharma Guru – Mahasambodhi Dharmasangha. May the Canadian chapter of Bodhi Shrawan Dharma Sangha evolve beautifully, lovingly and peacefully and may this help all beings to be liberated from the continuous cycle of rebirth and suffering.
The Maitri Precepts
The 11 Maitri Precepts can help to inspire a more loving, peaceful and happy world. May we all live in alignment with these precepts, as best we can, and may this ongoing practice help to guide all beings towards freedom and liberation.
1. Never break oneness and equality, on account of name, appearance, caste, religion, colour, class, gender, belief, community, nation, power, position, ability and so forth; that means, give up all discord be it worldly or spiritual.
2. Having found the eternal dharma, marga and the Guru, remain respectful to all religions and beliefs.
3. Never start rifts or doubts with untruths, charges, counter-charges, belittling, or meaningless talk.
4. Resist all teachings and paths leading to separation, rifts or boundaries, stay steadfast in the true marga-practice.
5. Resist doing even the least harmful karma-actions throughout life in true guru marga-practice, melt totally into Guru’s truth-nature becoming part of it.
6. Before being truly merged in the essence of dharma, refrain from expounding it with clever words; while still mired in hearsay, rumour, and propaganda, do not draw others into delusion.
7. Avoid any and all daemonic behaviour: violence, killing, harming or hurting living beings; choose pure nourishment.
8. Do not think less of people or countries on account of national identity.
9. Rooted in true guru marga-practice, dedicate all karma-actions, thought and speech to the uplift of the whole world including ourselves.
10. When searching for Truth, the GuruMarga Path begins to take shape within the heart, merging with Guru nature for the well-being of all life in the universe.
11. Remain always in highest and deepest awareness realising the various precepts in the soul, free of all bondage and constraints.